Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Service Dog Laws Are Not Enforced


PRESS RELEASE
 

SERVICE DOG LAWS ARE
NOT ENFORCED

I was illegally charged a “Pet Deposit Fee” in a senior living facility but no one enforces the Service Dog Laws. I was denied my federal and state disabled civil rights. It is against the law to deny access or to charge for a service dog by a landlord.

WHEELER'S MEDICAL SERVICE DOG ID
I was charged $450 for my licensed and trained service dog that assisted me when I had seizures. The Peoria Police, the Arizona Attorney General, and the Department of Housing and Urban Affairs (San Francisco HUD) refused to enforce the service dog laws. Also, the Maricopa County Justice Court denied my claim to recover the illegally charged service dog’s $450 pet deposit fee.

Now, I attempted to rent a condo in Sedona for the summer but I was turned down because I have a licensed and trained service dog. The Sedona landlord told me that no one enforces the service dog laws. Sadly, the Sedona landlord is right.
 
         WHEEL OF FORTUNE - "WHEELER" - SERVICE DOG

SERVICE DOG LAW INFORMATION

No comments:

Post a Comment